February 02, 2006

Prohibit Human-Animal Hybrids!

So, I added a bunch of nifty links and stuff tonight. Click on them. Cuz they're neato.

I read through a transcript of Bush's speech today.

*sigh*

Nothing but the same old posturing and rhetoric. Although I do suddenly feel the need to go on my own personal rant here, so bear with me.

"I will send you a budget that holds the growth of discretionary spending below inflation, makes tax relief permanent, and stays on track to cut the deficit in half by 2009."
-- Strong words from the man who hasn't vetoed a single spending bill sent to him by Congress. We're supposed to believe this when it comes from the President whose administration is responsible for increasing the national debt by more than all other U.S. Presidents COMBINED?? He inherited, then promptly consumed, the largest budget surplus in U.S. history. We now have a federal deficit two times larger than the GNP of Argentina. That's something to be proud of.

"For the good of families, children, and society, I support a constitutional amendment to protect the institution of marriage."
-- Could he possibly find a bigger waste of tax dollars? I find it incredibly sad that this has become such a contentious issue. No one has ever been able to explain to me how the marraige of two people who love each other could possibly threaten families, children, society OR the "institution" of marriage. If he succeeds, Bush could very well be remembered as the only U.S. President ever to write descrimination INTO the Constitution.

Finally, we have this little gem:
"I ask you to pass legislation to prohibit...creating human-animal hybrids"
-- Ummmm....this is a problem? Was there an invasion of RAT MONSTERS that I was unaware of?

1 comment:

kippur said...

Dang I figured that they might have realized that they sounded like flippin idiots when he was talkin about hybrids and cut that from the transcripts. I geuss they really mean it.