March 06, 2006

Sunrise Below the Wires

It's nice to see the sun steadily creeping northward as spring approaches. With the mountains all around us, it was a rare day around the solstice when it actually managed to poke itself above the peaks to the south. It's also pleasant to actually be able to watch the sun rise as I walk to work in the morning. I've gotten into the habit of carrying our camera with me whenever I go out. I've been trying to take a picture for every post I put on here...but we'll see how long that lasts.

I just found out that I've been "tagged" by an old friend from Fairbanks. Now, I haven't responded to one of these things for years, but I used to be notorious for sending along every forwarded email that popped into my inbox. This is just different enough, however, to warrant a go around...at least once.

3 Things you wish for (just for you):
A President of the United States from the Green Party.
A long, happy life with my babe.
One of these.

3 Things you would do to/for yourself if there was no one to judge you (or if you had the guts!):
Grow an Amish Beard.
Wear my lederhosen in public.
Start my own chapter of the Society for Creative Anachronism. Or not...

3 bad habits you have:
Taking off my socks and leaving them on the couch.
Talking loudly.
Procrastination.

3 insecurities you feel:
I'm getting old and fat.
I've got an annoying nasaly voice.
I TALK REALLY LOUD!

3 talents/skills you wish you had (cuz girls only like guys with great skills):
Bowhunting skills.
Computer hacking skills
Ability to play an instrument that isn't associated with polka or fat, unpopular kids...skills.

3 things you would do if you had more time (or money):
Travel to Tibet, Nepal, Peru, Thailand, Uganda, Tanzania, New Zealand...
Visit family more often.
Work on my mad drawing skills.

3 things that bring you peace and relaxation:
Reading a good sci-fi/fantasy book.
Playing hide-and-seek with our dogs.
Annie, our cat, curled up in my lap.

3 things that spark your creativity:
Listening to inspiring speakers in my field, like Dr. Sam Ham.
Mountains.
Birds.

3 bloggers your tagging:
Chris -- little bro
Jennifer -- cool cuz
Danielle -- nifty blogger I found

No comments: