March 31, 2006

Saturday Mornings of Yester-year

I was feeling sort of nostalgic today after browsing through some of the archives at X-Entertainment. This site has a whole gaggle of old 80's television commercials that you can watch. Most of them center around toys and candy, but that was all that really mattered back then, right? Anyway, I have very vivid memories of this commercial here. In fact, every so often I suddenly get the urge to shout "LEEVERS!" and hop around the room. Just watch the video and you'll understand everything...

Video hosting by Photobucket

Watching this commercial makes the images flood into my brain. Waking up at 5:30am on Saturday mornings to watch the Muppet Show and Mr. Wizard before the "real" cartoon marathon began. Begging my mom to buy us a box of C3PO's cereal, then realizing after the first bite that its nothing more than glorified Cheerios (needless to say, that box sat in our cupboard for months before finally getting chucked). Spending fifteen minutes creating a bowl of nothing but crunch berries by picking them one-by-one out of the box. Gluing my butt to the couch until 11 o'clock, when all the stupid sports shows came on and my mom was yelling at us to get off the couch and go outside. There's no such thing as a Saturday morning cartoon marathon, anymore. It's sad, really. Even the Cartoon Network doesn't come close to the sequence of animated glory that captivated us in the mid 80's. Kids don't know what they're missing.

This commercial even fits nicely with one of my little brother's recent posts, too. By the way, I think he needs more little red dots, so be sure to visit his blog, too.

So, as you can see I figured out how to post videos on my blog. This opens up a whole new universe for me, and you can probably expect more in the future. Although, I'm not entirely sure how this is going to appear once I post it. I also haven't figured out how to post more than one video at a time, so this is all you're going to get.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Paul,
I remember watching "BUGALOOS" with you!!! It was always your favorite!!! TEE HEE :o)
Hugs,
Janine, Your favorite sister