October 22, 2006

Halloween Spook-o-Rama #2: Costumes

Thinking of Halloween conjures images of trick-or-treating, TPing the yards of your "friends", or dressing up in bizarre outfits and generally acting wierd. Well, some people carry the concept well beyond October 31st. Some people dress up in medieval period clothing and work at Renaissance Fairs, others join a group called the Society for Creative Anachronism. And still others spend their spare time taking the simple game of Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) to a whole new "experience level":



Now, as a fan of D&D, I can sort of relate to their game. I certainly spent enough time in high school sitting with friends in our basement for ten-hour D&D marathon campaigns. I even spent one summer with a couple guys trying to devise a way to forge our own swords. However, I think can safely say that you will never see me wearing a kilt and shouting "Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!"

At least not when there is a video camera present.

Anyway, still no news on the job front. I hope to hear something this week, however, so I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. In the meantime, Sonja and I have been watching the snow creep steadily down the mountains over the past couple weeks. This morning we woke up to find the snow-line had descended down to about a thousand feet above our apartment on Mount Marathon. It will still be a week or two until we get any significant snow at sea level, though. And none of that will end up sticking until well into December or January.

And it's about time they name one of these after me.

No comments: