June 19, 2006

Fahrenheit 114

Well, Arizona in mid-June is just as I expected it would be. Hot as hell. When the plane landed in Phoenix, the flight attendants ordered everyone to immediately close their window shutters to keep the passenger area within an endurable temperature range. But I didn't really notice it until I stepped out to catch the bus to the rental car place. I honestly don't remember the hottest temperature I've ever felt, but I know it wasn't this hot. Sure, people say it's not that bad cuz it's a dry heat. Dry heat my ass. It's a freaking furnace! Even the cacti looked hot.

Luckily, my training isn't taking place in Phoenix, but at an elevation of around 7,000', where the daytime temps might peak into the 90's, and where it cools off to around 40 at night. Much more tolerable. Nonetheless, I'm praying for air conditioning in the training rooms tomorrow.

1 comment:

Patrick B. said...

It reminds me of the time I went to Vegas in mid-August. It felt like I stuck my head inside an oven.