September 08, 2006

Hunting for a New Job

Well, weeks of waiting after having sent over a dozen different applications are finally starting to pay off. I got my first request for an interview today. The uncertainty of where we will be living next has been trying, lately. It doesn't help that the federal application process always takes weeks, if not months, longer than you'd think it needs to. But now that Labor Day has passed us by I think that employers are finally able to catch their breath and start thinking about these job openings.

I've been struggling with whether or not to even think about the various parks I've applied to work at, let alone try to rate my top choices. But, I think it's safe to say that the interview I've got lined up is at a place that we wouldn't mind moving to. Now, many of you who know me may be surprised to learn that the park in question is not located in a mountainous region of the country. In fact, it's probably as far from any official mountain range as you can get. However, it does hold a special sort of significance for Sonja and I, not the least of which because it is located in a city named for one of the most ruggedly handsome park rangers every to wear a flat hat.

That's right, I'll be interviewing for a job with the Mississippi National River and Recreation Area, whose headquarters is located in St. Paul, Minnesota. My interview isn't for another two weeks, but at least it's been scheduled. It's just an interview, though, so nothing has been decided. We'll see in a couple weeks if it goes anywhere.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Uncle Paul,
DUDE That is soooooooooooo sweet That you might beable to M.N. if the interveiw goes well!!!
SO DO AS BEST AS YOU CAN SO I CAN SEE YOU AND SONJA MORE THAN 1 TIME IN EVERY 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love your nease SARAH :O}

kippur said...

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Well, I might have added a few more U's on the dude for effect!

Very cool. Have fun at the interview.

Anonymous said...

good luck on the interview. It was great to see you guys last week.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a great interview! Hope you are not too humble for them :O).
Love,
Mom "A"

P. Ollig said...

Thanks for all your support, guys! I'll be sure to keep you all posted about how it goes.