March 14, 2009

5 of 365

Day 5

One of the skills I need to work on is indoor photography. Birds, mountains, flowers and rivers I think I can handle. But for some reason, when I bring my camera inside the small skill I have seems to fly out the window. I struggle with composition as well as the more technical aspects of photography (shutter speed, ISO, aperture, depth of field). I also seem to lose all inspiration. This evening, for instance, I spent a good 45 minutes just wandering around the house whining that I didn't know what to take a picture of.

The good thing about this "365 Days" project is that it will force me to work under conditions that are less than favorable, particularly those times when I procrastinate until the last few hours of the day. It will be interesting to see how (or if) my photography improves over the next year.

No comments: