July 22, 2008

McCain is a Traitor!

I decided to find out what the networks were saying about Obama's trip overseas, so I turned on the CBS Evening News. There I saw Katie Couric interviewing both Obama and Senator McCain. And I must tell you I was SHOCKED when I saw McCain. There he was, sitting in New Hampshire, condescending smile spreading across his ancient, wrinkley features, when I noticed something missing from his lapel. No American flag pin.

He's refusing to wear an American flag lapel pin! Can you believe the audacity of this traitor?!? How dare he show himself in public without draping himself in red, white and blue?!? Don't believe me? Here's the proof (click the image for a larger version):

It's disgusting. I can't believe he still calls himself an American. If this isn't proof that he hates America, I don't know what is!



. . .



. . .



. . .



See how ridiculous that sounds? It's an ugly, stupid, tacky lapel pin that demonstrates absolutely nothing about how patriotic or unpatriotic someone is. And what's with the double-standard? If the media is determined to hold Obama's feet to the fire on such a meaningless triviality, they should do the same for McCain.

Speaking of which, I was appalled watching Katie Couric's interviews with Obama and McCain on CBS Evening News this weekend. She was playing hardball with Obama left and right, throwing him different variations of the same damn question trying to force him to screw up (which he didn't, by the way. tee hee!).

Meanwhile, she lobs stupid softball questions to McCain like, "You seem frustrated with Senator Obama. Why?" and "Why do you think Obama doesn't think the surge is working?" It was laughable, really. And no different than the coddling way the press has treated Bush for the last seven years.

Katie Couric should be ashamed of herself. How she can justify calling herself a journalist after that blatant display of pandering to the whining right-wingers ("boo hoo, Obama is getting all the press, I want my mommy!") is beyond me.

I encourage anyone who prefers intelligent, honest and responsible journalism to boycott CBS "News" until they hire a journalist who has a little integrity.

2 comments:

kippur said...

Gotta love it. I think that a lot of the news on the three big channels can end up being easy on the right simply because the right always accuses them of being bias. So to compensate they overcompensate. It's annoying, I agree. If you really want to see poloticians and pundits being held to the fire watch Chris Matthews(hardball). I don't always agree with him but I like his approach.

Watch this and you will be a convert!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFazW97U8eE

Bird Feeder Scott said...

Yes, there is a lot of really bad media coverage. They focus on such ridiculous things instead of really paying attention to any substance. However, I must also admit, most candidates are guilty of the same thing. I really can't stand watching the news anymore -- especially when the "pundits" are on the air.

By the way, this is an interesting blog post I found about McCain on DC Birding Blog - LINK Apparently, McCain enjoys wild birds! Never would have guessed. :)