July 25, 2008

Arizona Monsoon and a Spider

The monsoon activity this season has been particularly colorful, with lots of fun fireworks. Here's a sample of images from last night's storm system.





The lightning was concentrated just over the horizon, so my attempts at capturing a nice bolt weren't quite as successful as I'd hoped. These pictures remind me more of some of the scenes from the recent "War of the Worlds" movie than anything else. I kept expecting one of the machines to rise up over the ridge at any moment.

After the storm we had a visitor to our back step. Might be our last tarantula before we leave in a little over a week.



2 comments:

Amanda said...

Great pics, Paul! I could've done with out the spider though...creepy lil bugger.

Waffle Recipes said...

Thanks for writing this.