October 25, 2007

Wingscapes Birdcam

I'm finally getting around to setting up our Wingscapes birdcam. I've given up on trying to capture the mountain lion, for now. At least until I can figure out how to rig up a motion sensing light to the cam, too. And some way to keep the camera from shutting off at night.

Anyway, I set it up next to our quail block yesterday. Unfortunately, I also filled our hanging feeder which ended up being much more popular with the local avifauna. So this was the only picture we got.

I set the focus wrong and ended up with too much backlight, though. Today's experiment should be better since I rigged it up to capture our hanging feeder. I also set out some peanuts and black-oil sunflower seeds to try to bring in some interesting birds. I'm excited to see what I capture. I'll post the results tonight.

1 comment:

Steve said...

where are the pics - it's like morning already!