I've uploaded a set of pictures to my flickr account, so you can either click on the picture above, or click here to view a slideshow of our trip's highlights. You'll see the same pictures either way. When viewing the slideshow, you can click on the "i" in the middle of the first picture to see the captions on each image.
Finally, I've been tagged for a blogging meme by Patrick, so now I've got to post eight random facts about myself.
Here are the rules for Eight Random Facts:
I bet you didn't know this... or maybe you did:
1) I can recite the entire "Battle of Wits" scene from the movie The Princess Bride by memory (I memorized it while in high school cuz I believed people would think it was cool...which it is, by the way);
2) I won second place in a fencing tournament in Fairbanks five years ago;
3) I won first place in my 5th grade science fair for a project involving ruining several of my mom's cooking pots by growing crystals in them using all sorts of nasty chemicals (like copper sulfate).
4) I played tuba in high school (and some in college) and marched in the 1990 Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, CA;
5) One of the first things Sonja and I learned about each other is that we both experience hand-swelling during long hikes;
6) I've visited 49 states (it's Rhode Island, in case you were wondering), and lived in twelve (MN, IL, ND, NC, VA, NM, CO, AK, NH, WY, ID, AZ);
7) I once got stuck on a conveyor belt for two hours while chasing my brother through a sandpit near our house (don't ask); and,
8) I know from first-hand experience that daddy long-legs taste like spearmint.
Ok, now I guess I need to tag some people: