May 19, 2007

Hey look! An Ice Cream Truck!

Today, we salute you, Mr. Musical Ice Cream Truck Driver Guy.

Mr. Musical Ice Cream Truck Driver Guy!

On those hot, muggy summer days, nothing causes heads to turn quicker than the sound of your approaching magical musical truck. You are the one who always seems to be there right when we need you, even if we didn't really feel like having ice cream in the first place.

I don't want any...ok, yes I do!

Yours is the only vehicle that causes parents to encourage their children to run out into the middle of the street. Because they realize those frozen rainbow rocket pops waiting inside your freezer are the only things that will shut their screaming kids up for the next ten minutes.

Here's two bucks, go buy a rocket pop!

But it's not just kids that are drawn like rats to Peter Piper's Pipe by your hypnotically repetitive song. Even though we won't admit it, we've all pushed a snot-nosed brat out of the way to reach your magical window.

Out of my way, kid!

You also don't care that your Super-Deluxe-Sponge-Bob-Square-Pants-Popsicle with gumdrop eyeballs will send most of us either running guiltily for the scale to count calories or dashing to the toilet to relieve our lactose-intolerant bowels. Because you know we'll come back. We always come back.

I scream for ice cream!

So, thank you for driving slowly down the street today, oh peddler of overpriced push-pops. And, don't worry. That hat doesn't make you look silly.

Mr. Musical Ice Cream Truck Driver Guy!


Disclaimer: This post in no way endorses advertising for or drinking of Bud Light...because, frankly, it tastes like pee. And yes, the $2 ice cream sandwich Sonja and I shared was scrumptuous!

3 comments:

G said...

Paul
Love the post. I was wondering how you put your custom banner within your blog. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

P. Ollig said...

I used photoshop to make the image, and just designed it to mimic the banner at the top. I'll have to browse through my source-code, though, to find where I put it. It wasn't easy for me to find the spot, but now that it's in there, I think I can again. I'll let you know.

dom307 said...

Hello Paul,

Much to my suprise during a google search, I happened across this posting. Why such a suprise? That's my Ice Cream Truck!! I was delighted that someone took the time to express there joy getting an ice cream from the Ice Cream Man. People don't realize that kids come in all shapes, sizes and ages just like yourself. I thank you for your business, your kind words, and your dedication to the Park Service.
Richard Casaus
All American Ice Cream
Cottonwood, AZ.
928-821-2318