December 08, 2006

A Charlie Brown Christmas...sort of.

So, we only get two channels on tv. One of them alternates between all of the major networks somewhat randomly. The main concept of this strategy for a channel is to allow people all across the state of Alaska an opportunity to watch all sorts of different shows. Not a bad idea, right? Well, the bummer is that you simply cannot plan on watching anything. That, and if the guy working in the control booth gets bored, everyone in Alaska has to watch Montel.

The other channel is WGN. Why WGN? I still haven't figured that out. It's not all bad, though, since a couple months ago they decided to begin back-to-back broadcasts of one of the best shows on TV every single night: SCRUBS! Needless to say, Sonja and I are huge fans of Scrubs. We actually own season 3 on DVD and have rented seasons 1-4 through Netflix. I tend to be a bit more fanatical about watching it than Sonja, though. She thinks it's because I have a man-crush on Zach Braff. I honestly don't know why she thinks that. I mean, I haven't watched "Garden State" in at LEAST a week. Now, I'm not denying that I tried multiple (*cough* 37) times to add ZB as a friend on MySpace, but come on, who wouldn't want to be Zach's BFF? . But a man-crush? What-ever!

Anyway, what was my point? Oh yeah, so I was searching to see if last night's episode of Scrubs had been posted on YouTube, yet (which it hasn't, by the way), when I stumbled across what may possibly be the greatest dubbed-over version of A Charlie Brown Christmas EVER! That's right, it's A Charlie Brown Christmas as performed by the cast of Scrubs! All I can say is, "YouTube high five!"

If you're a fan of the show, watch it. You'll love it. If you're not, you can use this time to pick all the nuts off of that cheeseball in your fridge. Whichever you choose, I'm sure you will find satisfaction.


And for those of you that haven't figured it out yet, you can actually watch these videos right here without ever leaving my blog. Just click on them once, then click on the little play button in the lower left corner of the box. No need to be clicking away from my blog to watch them in YouTube. That's right, we be jammin' now.

No comments: