November 06, 2008

I'm a Bit Jealous

Ok, so I must admit, I'm a bit jealous. Working in the office I find it easy to forget that we live in one of the world's most beautiful places. But Sonja doesn't have that problem. She gets reminded of it every single day. Take the above scene, for instance. That was Sonja's "office" today. Not fair.

I know, I shouldn't complain. All I have to do is step outside and breath the crisp mountain air and gaze up at the mountains surrounding park headquarters to remember that I get to live and work here, too. But I don't get to see things like that every day.

I also don't get to check out grizzly bear tracks, or watch Golden Eagles soaring overhead, or scan the cliffs for sheep and goats, or any of the other cool things Sonja gets to do.

It's not that I'm complaining about my job, really. I just have to work a bit harder to make sure that I can take advantage of the amazing resources this place has to offer.

And honestly, just knowing that Sonja gets to see goats standing on a snowy (and empty) Going to the Sun Road on a regular basis makes me really happy. I mean, seriously, check out the pantaloons on this guy! It's awesome!

4 comments:

Pierre Alexander said...

Let alone the fact that we seem to be on the same political side, I like your website. I really do. A piece of fresh air is always welcome

rickshaw said...

Thanks for your intelligent views!

Going to the sun road must be an interesting drive in winter. We were there this past summer (I've a few pics posted). Being Louisianian, I'm not sure I'd be able to drive it in winter!

We enjoy your blog.

troutbirder said...

My wife is afraid of that road and others like it. I will show her that beautiful mountain goat for courage. Great blog!!!

Wingless Flier said...

Wow my friend Clare wants to be a park ranger when she grows up and now I can definitely see why. She is obsessed whit National Parks. I am sure she'd like your website, I know I do!!!