May 31, 2006

One of Those Days

Don't you love those days that seem to go on forever because nearly everything is coming out exactly opposite of the way you hoped it would? Well, that's been my day. Drama was today's theme with my staff. Fun-filled emails and phone messages telling me all the little things that people are or are not doing greeted me first thing this morning. It's always nice to start the day with unnecessary theatrics. Then a cancelled staff meeting forced an impromptu "let's meet right now instead" meeting that caused me to be late for another appointment (FYI - click on that image for the movie).

I also heard today from the folks at Crater Lake. I was informed that just before they were about to call and offer me the job, they heard from a long-term employee whom they thought was not interested in the position. Well, it turns out he was interested, which effectively bumped me off of the top spot. So it's back to the drawing board. But it's ok, because there has got to be at least ONE position opening this fall somewhere in one of the 392 parks, monuments, battlefields, seashores, lakeshores, scenic rivers and historic sites. At least, I hope there is...

No comments: